Friday 30 July 2010

Day 7 Lockerbie to Stirling

93 miles in 7 hours. Talked of feeling lonely yesterday and response from you all has been magnificent. Fantastic ride from Lockerbie to Crawford up the A73 - scenery amazing uplifting and inspiring. Lunch shared with friendly forestry workers. It all fell apart when I read your comments to yesterday's blog - some more tears and deep breathing. It's not really fair to single individuals out but can I give particular thanks to Tim (I'll treasure your encouragement for a long time), Murray your texts and voicemails are always timely, Dave Wilko (was it you who got Burnley fans involved - Burnley MAD - now getting comments and donations from complete strangers), and Ian (you have mad me laugh outloud). Made the EDP today - they got the dates wrong but hope that's all. Anyway journey through Lanark was fine but things took a turn for the worse North of the A80. Airdrie makes Burnley look like Soutwold! I had to take my satnav off my bars and hide in my pocket - everyone seemed to be drinking either strong larger or vodka!! I'll never speak badly of Gt. Yartmouth again. Anyway I think that's all my urban riding done - next few days should be beautiful - let's enjoy it together. Cheers John.

14 comments:

  1. well done again enjoy yourself tomorrow you are in for a treat mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea and talk with your lovely wife yesterday and told her that the more I think about it, the more I think what you are achieving is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Wilkinson30 July 2010 at 23:08

    John... ONLY 3 days to go... WOW
    Very jealous of the scenery you'll be riding through. Just remember - the destination is the target, the journey is the reward.
    Keep up the fantastic effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your total was over 2 grand today! That should help sort a few kidneys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Yarmouth, where folk fae Airdre go on holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ur a star ...... Keep going ur doing absolutely amazingly. Enjoy the next bit scenery will b fab. Ask the locals for some buckfast apparently it will make pain go away and all other feelings!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't believe how far you've cycled! So proud of you and what you are doing, hope you're feeling proud of yourself. You are a superstar - my superstar,

    Sky and back xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly should be proud of yourself. £2K for charity and the personal achievement are fantastic. Three days of beautiful scenery and then the best bit, home to Vic and the kids and a heroes welcome I hope.
    Kathy Knight

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Dad, you have done BRILLIANT!!!!!!! I am proud of you love from Lucy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Dad, you've really amazed me, I hope you've had fun and your bums not too sore

    Love Henry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done John great progress - what we should have done is strapped a bike-cam to your handle bars! for the journey.

    Once again in absolute awe of what you are doing and do not envy the 'bigger hills' up north.

    Once again top job ! Look forward to the next update.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did I mention - that when we traced my family tree I am a related to Robert the Bruce. So Scotland is kind of belongs to me! So have sent message to my subjects to ensure your safe journey to the John O Groats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep going uncle john were all extremely proud of you!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete